Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Nice Weekend!

We have all recovered! (pretty much). Thank the Lord!! Saturday was beautiful so we worked outside and planted our annual garden. I will post pics later (it just looks like a dirt square right now), but we planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, okra, cantaloupe and watermelon!! I LOVE just being able to go right outside the house and select myself some fresh fruit. It just would not be summer without it. And then Sunday, Chris went to the Indy races. He had a great time but his legs and feet got sunburned. Why do guys feet always get sunburned? Seems like everytime we go on the boat his feet get burned. He has Indian type skin and hardly ever gets burned anywhere else. (I think his great grandmother was like 100% Native American) It’s like his feet have Irish skin. It’s really weird. Woah…let me get back on track. My mom and I took Dylan to the zoo Sunday afternoon. His reaction was a little less than what I anticipated. I thought he would just jump for joy seeing all the animals that we talk about every night in his books. He was less than thrilled. Scared might be the word on a couple animals. It was super busy and I think all the people distracted him a bit…because they got on my nerves too. I don’t want it to sound like we didn’t have fun because we did! After the zoo, we went by and visited my Granny at the nursing home. She was in pretty good spirits. The rest of the night was spent getting ready for the upcoming week and zoning out in front of the tv. Hope you had a great weekend too!!!


No comments: