Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Winter Days

Winter has always been the most boring time of year for me. Granted, Alabama winters are mild compared to most.  Winter days feel long, dreary, and boring. I bet most people feel the same way, though!

That being said, the last week or so has been kinda out of routine.
Poor Kinley got the FLU! Ugh, can you believe it? She even had the flu shot!! Plus, thankfully, she didn't catch it when Dylan had it in December. The only place she could have got it was the church nursery. She's just not around anyone but us. I hesitated to send her because there has been so much sickness around here lately. I guess I should have listened to my momma instincts!
She got sick Monday night. Tuesday, she woke up and was soooo lethargic. She just whimpered and had a high fever. It was the most pitiful I've ever seen her. Even worse than when we took her to the ER at six months old.
I ended up taking her to the doctor that afternoon. He prescribed Tamiflu and it really worked miracles with her. 

Thank goodness she is now back to herself! 

One fun thing going on is the fact that Dylan is registered to play baseball in the Spring. He couldn't be more excited! We've taken him to the park a couple times to show him where he'll be playing ball. 
He loves running around the bases. 

It was such a gorgeous day when we visited. We just sat on this tree swing and enjoyed the peace and pretty weather.
He has been practicing in the backyard and is pretty darn good! 

Dylan has also been learning his letters. I went nuts at Dollar Tree buying all kinds of teaching aides to help him learn them. The hardest part is getting him to pay attention! He is having a little contest about his letters at school. Of course, I want him to do great! We'll get them all learned I'm sure.

So, yep, that's all we've been up to! Told you winter is boring. ; ) 

No comments: